Student Awards and RecognitionsNew
- Ashish Mishra (Team Lead), Malla Mani Kanta, Sushmita Gouraha and Aman Kumar under the guidance of Prof D S Arya (Team ID: Mapathon3351), secured a spot in the winners' category in a National Level Map Making competition Mapathon 2020 jointly organised by IIT Bombay, ISRO and AICTE that received over 5000 entries throughout the country.
- Mr Ravi Kumar Guntu (PhD candidate) received the conference grant for participation in the 6th IAHR Europe Congress 2020 in Warsaw, Poland under the program “PROM - International Scholarship Exchange of Doctoral Students and Academic Staff”. The conference will be organized by International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR), and financed by: The Institute of Geophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
- Ms. Karisma Yumnam (Master Student) has been awarded a DAAD-KOSPIE fellowship to work on her master thesis at TU Munich. ( September 2019 – May 2020 )
- Arjun Kaushik (Master Student) has been awarded a DAAD fellowship to work on his master thesis at TU Munich. ( September 2019 – May 2020 )
- Aliva Nanda (1697001) received MHRD Doctoral Fellowship, American Geophysical Union (AGU) Berkner Fellowship 2017 and Japan Science Union (JpGU) student travel grant 2018.
- Vivek Gupta (15917003) received his PhD from the Department of Hydrology, IIT Roorkee in April 2020. During his PhD, he received SERB International Travel Grant and IITR Foreign Travel Scholarship to attend EGU General Assembly in Vienna, Austria organised in April-2017. Vivek also received AGU Student Travel Grant and CSIR Foreign Travel Grant to attend AGU Fall Meeting in December 2017 organised in New Orleans, USA.
- Anuradha Garg (17917003) has been awarded the Junior Research Fellowship (2018) conferred by UGC, New Delhi.
Mr. Shubham Tiwari (PhD Scholar) has been received a conference grant to present his research at Interpore 2021 (May 31–June 4, 2021).
Ms Anuradha Garg (PhD Scholar) has received a conference grant for attending and presenting her work at Interpore 2021 (31 May – 4 June 2021).